EV221

Sunday, May 20, 2012

EV Proficiencies

How I have demonstrated....
  • Interdisciplinary approaches to problem solving
    • Evidence (will insert research proposal when complete)
    • Reflection
  • Understanding my connection to the environment
    • Evidence Kewa Pueblo and Renewable Energy Technologies
    • Reflection:  Through a summer of research I realized my personal connection to my home environment and my duty to help the community of Kewa Pueblo tackle and take advantage of opportunities related to renewable energy technologies.  Through this research I discovered the communities need for an efficient water supply for livestock and small animals including wildlife.
  • Reading and critically evaluating environmental literature
    • Evidence Conservation Refugees
    • Reflection:  In this analytical essay I critically evaluate and analyze pieces of literature that dicuss the shortcomings of Western conservationists and their ignorant intrusions onto the lands of indigenous peoples.
  • Written Communication
    • Evidence Creative Writing and Expression
    • Reflection:  In this creative writing piece I give voice to nature's surroundings as though they have an inner soul that has been and is continuously ignored by humans and their destruction.  This form of expression points out the terrorizing effects of Uranium mining.
  • Oral Communication
    • Evidence History of Natural Disasters on the Reservation
    • Reflection:  In this powerpoint presentation I discussed the History of natural disasters on the Kewa Pueblo reservation and its affects and how the people of the land managed their survival during these hard times.
  • Qualitative Reasoning Skills
    • Evidence Continuing the Fight: Opposing Uranium Mining
    • Reflection:  This is an opinion-editorial focusing on the topic of environmental justice.  I basically serve as a voice for all native americans the have been so severly affected by Uranium mining in New Mexico.
  • Quantitative Reasoning Skills
  • Critical Thinking
  • "Field" Skills
    • Evidence (I plan to post pictures of my hands-on research project dealing photovoltaics)
    • Reflection
  • Sense of Place
    • Evidence Community Organization Methods Reflection
    • Reflection:  A class that I took in my sophomore year in college visited the Church Rock Navajo Reservation where we where I was able to develop a sense of stewardship.  We discussed the current and long-term effects of mining on their reservation and how to tackle the current problems, exchanging ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment